Frequently Asked Questions

1What income is taxable?

All income earned in the financial year contributes towards your taxable income such as allowances received from employer, interest earned & dividends received from investments.

It is not possible to list each and every item to your taxable income. Therefore if you have any doubts whether the income you have earned is assessable or not, please contact us, and we would help to clear any ambiguities in this regard.

2What are the methods of payment?

We accept the fees through cash or direct internet transfer, details of the bank account would be provided at the time of money transfer.

3How long will it take to get my refund?

Australian Tax Office (ATO) processes majority of the tax returns within 10working days. Although, there could be some possible delay in tax return, where the ATO want to verify the information provided with the Centre link or any government other organization.

4Can the fees be taken out from my refund?

Yes, where a client is getting a refund we can allow a deduction from the ATO refund. But that would incur an additional bank charge of $20 to the specified fees told to the client.

5What is the difference between resident and non-resident tax rates?

A non-resident is charged on any income earned in Australia. While the residents are charged on any income earned in and out of Australia. The residents are entitled to claim a free threshold of $18200, whereas the nonresidents are kept excluded from such benefit.

Based on their income, a resident also needs to pay Medicare levy. But on the other hand, nonresidents are exempted.

6What can I claim as my travelling expense?

Any expense that is related to your works, i.e. if you are working two job simultaneously in a financial year, then any travelling cost incurred for the second job can be claimed. Similarly if you are tradesmen and carrying tools worth more than $1000 in your car then that travel expense can be claimed as a deduction.

But any travel from home to work and work to home cannot be claimed as a deduction.

7I have started a second job. Is there anything that I need to do so that I do not end up with a tax payable at the end of the year?

You are not entitled to claim the tax free threshold of $18,200 from more than one employer at a time. It is always advisable to claim it from your primary employer. As a result you will pay a little higher rate of tax on the second job but this should ensure that you have paid enough tax to avoid any payable at the end of the financial year.

8My wife Who is a housewife has worked for only one week and has received a payment summary showing that she earned $480 and a marginal amount of tax was taken out. Is it necessary to lodge my wife tax return even though she falls below the threshold?

It is a compulsory obligation to lodge the tax return even though her taxable income is below the threshold limit. Any earnings that have had tax withheld, no matter how small, are required to be accounted in your tax return. This is the only way to get a refund on any tax paid by her.

9Can I claim the costs of seminars?

The costs associated with seminars are tax deductible provided that they relate to your current income producing activities.

10Is there a limit on how much I can claim as a tax deduction each year?

There is no limit on the amount claimed each year, provided the expenses are necessarily incurred in earning your income. The expenditure must be work related and you may need receipts to substantiate the expenditure. Keeping incomplete, incorrect or no records at all may be limiting your ability to claim deductions.

Lodge tax returns online


Suite 309, 20 A Lexington Drive
Bella Vista NSW 2153


Ph: 02 9836 1974
Fax: 02 9836 1248




COVID-19 Update: Business As Usual! Our Team Are Taking All Preventative Measures At This Time.